RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE AUCTION SITE
OFFICIAL AUCTION RULES
Hay River Hospital Foundation On-line Auction
Please Note: Your bid indicates your willingness and intent to purchase that item WHETHER TO MEET THE RESERVE PRICE OR NOT and be the high bidder at the close of the auction, Monday, October 29, 2012 at 9:00 pm MST. We STRONGLY URGE you to visit or contact the participating business to view or find out more about the item(s) you are interested in and intend to purchase. ALL AUCTION SALES ARE FINAL.
1. By participating in the Hay River Hospital Foundation on-line auction, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accept these rules. The Hay River Hospital Foundation Board reserves the right to update and change these rules from time to time. In the event that the rules or item descriptions and prices published in advertisements are different from those published on the auction web site, the rules found on the auction website will be taken as the most up-to-date and correct.
2. The Hay River Hospital Foundation Board provides www.HRHFauction.com as a venue for retailers and businesses to donate items or services to the Hay River Hospital Foundation Board in support of this auction and to give you items or services for you to bid on. The Hay River Hospital Foundation Board is not involved in any transaction entered into through any of the donors except to the extent that the Hay River Hospital Foundation Board will collect the total bid price for items.
3. The Hay River Hospital Foundation auction makes no representations or warranties and there are no conditions of any kind, expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the goods and services offered through www.HRHFauction.com, including without limitation:
• Implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement
• Any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage trade
• Any obligation, liability, right, claims or remedy in tort, whether or not arising from the negligence of The Hay River Hospital Foundation Board.
4. All items in the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction are new unless otherwise indicated, and come with applicable warranties, as determined by the seller. The Hay River Hospital Foundation Board is not the seller of the items and assumes no responsibility for the items in any respect. The respective sellers of each item are solely responsible for descriptions in the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction and the condition, estimate, authenticity, title, representations as to price and all other matters relating to the offer and sale of the items.
5. All items on www.HRHFauction.com may be viewed at the respective seller’s place of business as indicated in advertising and/or on the auction web site www.HRHFauction.com. Bidders are STRONGLY URGED to view items on which they intend to bid prior to bidding. All items are sold on “as is where is” basis (F.O.B Hay River) which assumes that the buyer knows what he/she is purchasing. All auction sales are final.
6. Participation is open to anyone 18 years of age or over with the exception of employees of sellers or sellers who have submitted items to the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction and their immediate families. Such employees or sellers of the participating business may bid, but not on items that are provided by their respective companies.
7. Neither the Hay River Hospital Foundation Board or the Hay River Health and Social Services Authority, nor any of its employees or agents, is responsible for any claims relating to the use of any goods, the provision of any services, as a result of your participation in the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction.
8. You are prohibited from using any method, mechanism, device or software to affect the proper functioning of www.HRHFauction.com. The Hay River Hospital Foundation Board may, at its sole discretion and without notice, terminate the right of any participant in the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction or user of www.HRHFauction.com to participate in the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction or use the website.
9. All content on this website is the property of the Hay River Hospital Foundation Board or the sellers. The Hay River Hospital Foundation Board grants a limited license to each user of the auction website to make personal use only of the website itself. Any other use, including reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, or display of the content on the website is strictly prohibited. The Hay River Hospital Foundation Board is not responsible for the availability or content of any other website to which the auction is linked.
1. Hay River Hospital Foundation auction commences on Monday, October 15, 2012 at 9:00 am (MST) and ends Monday, October 29, 2012 at 9:00 pm (MST). The starting and ending time is determined by the website clock. Bids will be accepted during this time period only. Users of the website clock must refresh the webpage by clicking the browsers “refresh button” to obtain an accurate time and are strongly urged to do so prior to checking or placing a bid, especially in the last hours of the auction. The Hay River Hospital Foundation Board reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without notice, to extend, terminate or modify the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction in the event of unforeseen technical difficulties that alter the proper functioning of the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction.
2. Bids may be placed online 24 hours per day at www.HRHFauction.com.
3. The Bid Trust Committee will set a starting Bid for each item. The starting bid is the minimum amount required to participate in the bidding for that item. All bid amounts must be in whole dollars (i.e. no cents) and must meet or exceed the set minimum bid increment posted for each auction item.
4. Each item has a Reserve Status, which indicates one of two values: RESERVE NOT MET. The amount of the highest Maximum Secret Bid is less than the Reserve Value and the item will not sell. RESERVE MET. The amount of the highest Maximum Secret Bid is at least as much as the Reserve Value and the item will be sold to the highest bidder.
5. It is your responsibility to monitor the outcome and status of your bids on the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction website and, in the event that you are outbid by another bidder, determine whether to continue bidding on an item. If you are outbid by another bidder with a higher Bid, you must submit a new Bid in order to continue your bidding on that item. If you submit a new Bid, that bid supersedes all your previous bids on that item. Under no circumstances will retraction of a bid be allowed. If in a case you submit a Bid against yourself, both bids will be considered valid irrespective of the fact that you submitted both bids.
6. If your Bid is exactly the same as another bidder’s previously placed Bid on the same item, the bidder whose bid was placed first shall be declared the leading bidder.
7. In the event of a dispute between bidders or between bidders and the Bidder Trust Committee, or in the event of doubt or dispute as to the validity of any bid, the Bidder Trust Committee will have the discretion to determine the successful bidder. All decisions by the Bidder Trust Committee are final and binding and not subject to review or appeal.
8. The Hay River Hospital Foundation Board is not responsible for any bids that are lost, misdirected, incomplete or illegible, or for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind including, but not limited to, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, which may limit a bidder’s ability to participate in the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction. The Hay River Hospital Foundation Board is not responsible for any online, long distance telephone, or other charges you may incur in connection with participating in the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction.
9. During and after the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction, you may receive e-mails confirming bids you have placed; notifying you that another bidder has outbid you, or notifying you that you are a Winning Bidder. These e-mails are for information purposes only. Their transmission or omission does not constitute the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction any change in the status of your bid or those of other bidders. Only the record of bids in the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction system, as represented on www.HRHFauction.com, constitutes the true bid record, as used by the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction to determine the winning bidder at the close of the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction.
1. At the close of the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction, the Bidder Trust Committee will determine the winning bidder (the buyer) for each item and will contact that bidder by e-mail and/or phone within five days to notify him/her of his/her winning status and request payment. As the buyer, you may not retract your bid and are obligated to make full payment of the total purchase price (bid) within three days of notification being initiated by the Bidder Trust Committee. If a buyer cannot be contacted, or if payment is not received in full within three days of contact first being initiated, the Bidder Trust Committee reserves the right but is not obligated to disqualify that buyer and offer the next highest bidder the opportunity to purchase the item. If such offer is accepted you will be obligated to make full payment of the total purchase (bid) price within two days of acceptance. The Bidder Trust Committee reserves the right to continue the process of disqualification and notification of subsequent bidders, or to remove the item from sale. Complete payment and certificate fulfillment instructions will be provided by e-mail or telephone if you are the winning bidder following the auction. This information will be posted on the on-line auction site. Payment types accepted: cash, certified cheque or money order. Other payment and “receipt of goods” methods may be available. Other Winning Bid Certificate fulfillment methods may also be available.
2. The total purchase price of an item for each winning buyer is defined as the leading bid for the item at the close of the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction. In the event that a buyer is disqualified and the item offered to the next highest bidder, the total purchase price shall be the next highest bidder’s Maximum Secret Bid.
3. It is the buyer’s responsibility to obtain any applicable or necessary licenses, registrations or any other form of approval for the items sold and to pay any fees associated therewith.
4. Once full payment of the total purchase price has been made on the item, the buyer will receive an Item Certificate to be presented to the seller to release the item to the buyer. All item delivery or pick-up arrangements must be made with the respective seller. Delivery may incur additional charges above and beyond the total purchase price, to be negotiated separately between they buyer and seller. In the event that the buyer cannot pick-up the item, arrangements can be made to have the item shipped at the buyer’s expense. All sales are final.
5. If the buyer fails to comply with these rules – including the obligation to make full payment of the total purchase price within the time limits and terms set out herein, in addition to other remedies available to the Hay River Hospital Foundation Board and the seller – the Hay River Hospital Foundation Board or the seller may cancel the sale and re-offer the item or sell it privately. Buyers will remain liable for any damages or losses caused by their default.
6. All items must be picked up within 30 days of payment, or item may be forfeited to the respective seller and payment may be forfeited to the Hay River Hospital Foundation Board.
1. You must register to place bids. Registration requires your full name, address, phone number(s) and email address. This information will be used to contact you in the event that you are a winning bidder, and will be shared with Auction Media, Hay River Hospital Foundation Board and the business sponsoring the item. You will be assigned a unique User Name that allows you to place bids and follow their progress in the Hay River Hospital Foundation Board auction.
NOTE: This User Name may result in you being identified by others. If you do not want to be identified you should not participate in the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction.
2. All information collected is for the sole use of the Hay River Hospital Foundation auction and Auction Media. This information will not be communicated to any other their parties without your written consent.